Casa Nova – varnish for wooden surfaces for light load
Casa Nova is a 1-component, fast-drying, solvent-free water-based varnish.
Approx., 90-130 ml/1 m² resp., 8-12 m²/1l.
1 l – EUR 14,52
10 l – EUR 108,90 reduced price /The basic price of the product is EUE 110,84
* The terms of the contract and the right of withdrawal can be found in the Documents section.
* This product is one of the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 255, 22nd article exceptions, where the customer cannot exercise the right of withdrawal.
€14,52 – €108,90
Water-based 1-component finish for wooden floors. For normal wear. Elastic, stable properties. W2+
Degree of gloss: semi gloss.
Range of use: suitable for parquet and hardwood floors.
– the surface must be sanded properly, wood moisture content max. 12%;
– the floor must be dry and free from any old coatings, oil, grease, wax, silicone, sanding dust and other contaminants. Room temperature +15°C to +25°C, relative humidity 40% to 75%, material temperature +18°C to +25°C. Ensure working areas are
– shake the contents well.
Thinner: the product is supplied ready for use and must not be diluted!
Intermediate sanding: Able to recoat without intermediate sanding within the first 24 hours. After this time, an intermediate sanding is necessary. An
intermediate sanding before the last application will achieve an even finish. Use GEPA perforated pad P120 or finer, alternatively Sanding Net P120 or finer. Carefully remove dust before over coating.
– earliest possible recoating after 4-6 hours;
– careful use possible after 4-6 hours;
– earliest possible intermediate sanding after 8-10 hours;
– light use after 24 hours;
– full use and covering possible after 10 days.
The indicated drying times are valid for +20°C and 50% relative humidity, and assume careful, draught-free ventilation of the working area. Lower
temperatures, higher relative humidity or poorer ventilation lead to longer drying times. Do not apply any protective coverings, wet clean the surface or lay carpet until the coating has achieved its final hardening. Product-specific data can be found in the relevant technical information.
We recommend using a primer: to minimize side bonding and to seal off wood constituents, e.g. in exotic timber.
– AquaSeal FlexPrimer
– SolvSeal UniQuickPrimer (contains solvent).
Alternative Set-Up recommendation without primer: only with rigid bonding for wood species oak, ash, maple and light beech. For moisturesensitive woods, parquet on underfloor heating and in restoration cases we recommend only applying only one coat of finish per day.
– Prepare the substrate professionally.
– Roll on Life.
– Roll on a second layer of Life.
– Intermediate sanding
– Roll on a final layer of Life.
Edge bonding: water-based coating systems usually show a tendency for edge bonding. Several measures can be taken to minimize the formation of
irregular joints and the associated locking effect. The use of shear-resistant or permanently elastic adhesive to glue the parquet, careful filling of the joints with wood putty, use of suitable primers, pretreatment of the groove sides on solid wood boards with wax compatible with the coating before laying. Taking steps to ensure that the room climate, in particular the relative humidity, remains constant. (Careful advising of the customer is recommended). Old floors with damaged, weak adhesives, and flexibly glued or nailed parquet, plank flooring, wood block flooring, industrial parquet, as well as parallel parquet, parquet on underfloor heating, and woods which change their moisture content quickly, such as beech and maple.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated place at a temperature between 15 ° C and 25 ° C. Protect from heat and direct sunlight. Keep tightly closed.