WOCA Antique Oak Lye – lye for oak
Wood lye only for oak. Gives oak an ammonia-smoked look.
About 8-10 m² with 1 l
2.5l – EUR 45,63
* The terms of the contract and the right of withdrawal can be found in the Documents section.
* This product is one of the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 255, 22nd article exceptions, where the customer cannot exercise the right of withdrawal.
Antique Oak Lye produces an ammonia-smoked appearance to oak wood. This product is user-friendly but corrosive and should be handled with caution during application. Since the product reacts with the tannic acid in the oak, the color after application may vary depending on the concentration of tannin in the wood. However, it creates a very unique color and vintage appearance. The final color is achieved after 1-2 months.
- Requires subsequent treatment with oil or soap
- Only for oak wood
- Does not contain pigments
Density: 1.00-1.10 g/ml.
pH-value: pH 13-14
Application area: use for priming of oak wood. Creates an ammonia-smoked look.
Surface preparation: the unfinished woodwork must be clean, dry and finely sanded (grit 100-120) before applying the lye.
! Always remember to test on a less visible spot to check the compatibility of the surface with the product.
*The unfinished woodwork must be clean, dry and finely sanded (grit 100-120) before applying the lye.
1. Shake the container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket.
2. Apply an even coat of the lye with the WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller lengthwise along the grain. Apply at least 1 L of lye per 10 m² of wood. Leave wood to dry for approx. 2-4 hours at 20°C.
3. Clean with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner and leave to dry for approx. 8-12 hours at 20°C.
4. De-nib standing fibres with a medium e.g. green or bordeaux, sanding polishing pad. Remove the sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner.
5. Finish the wood surface with a WOCA oil or soap.
! Depending on the amount of moisture and tannin in the oak, the color may vary. Sapwood does not change to a dark color.
Drying time: 3-4 hours at 20°
Consumption: 8-10 m²/L
Cleaning of tools: use water.
Storage: +10-25°C. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer. Shelf life 3 years.