WOCA Driftwood Lye – for oak/appearance of long time standing wood
A unique water-based product that gives the wood the appearance of standing wood for a long time.
Approximately 8-10 m² per 1 liter
With white or gray pigment 2.5 l – EUR 57.04
* The terms of the contract and the right of withdrawal can be found in the Documents section.
* This product is one of the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 255, 22nd article exceptions, where the customer cannot exercise the right of withdrawal.
Driftwood Lye is a unique, water-based product, which gives the wood a weather-beaten patina. The product is primarily for oak wood. By using this product, the wood will get a very nice two-dimensional design. Finally, the surface must be treated with one of the WOCA oils. Certifikate IBR.
- Gives oak a weather-beaten patina
- Requires additional treatment with oil
- Only suitable for oak wood
Color: white and grey
Density: 1.00-1.10 g/ml.
pH-value: pH 13-14
Application area: use for priming of oak wood. Creates a weather-beaten patina.
Surface preparation: the unfinished woodwork must be clean, dry and finely sanded (grit 100-120) before applying the lye.
! Always remember to test on a less visible spot to check the compatibility of the surface with the product.
1. Shake the container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket. It is important that no pigments are left in the container. Stir regularly during the application to prevent the pigments from settling to the bottom.
2. Apply an even coat of the lye with the WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller lengthwise along the grain. Apply at least 1 L of lye per 10 m² of wood. Leave wood to dry for approx. 8-12 hours at 20°C.
3. De-nib standing fibres and remove excess pigments with a medium e.g. green or bordeaux, sanding polishing pad. Remove the sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner.
4. Finish the wood surface with a WOCA oil.
Drying time: 6-12 hours at 20°
Cleaning of tools: use water.
Storage: +10-25°C. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer. Shelf life 3 years.