WOCA Softwood Lye – minimizes yellowing of softwood
Lye is intended for priming untreated or freshly sanded wood indoors, such as floors, stairs, furniture, etc.
About 10-12 m² with 1 l
2,5l – EUR 45.63
* The terms of the contract and the right of withdrawal can be found in the Documents section.
* This product is one of the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 255, 22nd article exceptions, where the customer cannot exercise the right of withdrawal.
Softwood Lye is used for priming of unfinished or newly sanded interior woodwork such as floors, stairs, furniture, and panels. The priming prevents the wood from yellowing and enhances the natural grain of the wood, producing a white wash finish. Softwood Lye may be used for all types of softwood such as pine, spruce, and pitch-pine. Used on larch wood, an antique grey/brownish finish is created. Softwood Lye may not be used on hardwood. The final color is achieved after 1-2 months. Certificat IBR.
- Preserves the light colours of the wood
- Requires after-treatment with oil or soap
- Only for softwood
- Contains white pigments
Color: contains white pigments
Density: 1.10-1.20 g/ml.
pH-value: pH 13-14
Application area: used for priming of unfinished and newly sanded interior wood. Ideal for all types of softwood.
Surface preparation: the unfinished woodwork must be clean, dry and finely sanded (grit 100-120) before applying the lye.
! Always remember to test on a less visible spot to check the compatibility of the surface with the product.
1. Shake the container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket. It is important that no pigments are left in the container. Stir regularly during the application to prevent the pigments from settling to the bottom.
2. Apply an even coat of the lye with the WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller lengthwise along the grain. Apply at least 1 L of lye per 10 m² of wood. Leave wood to dry for approx. 8-12 hours at 20°C.
3. De-nib standing fibres and remove excess pigments with a medium e.g. green or bordeaux, sanding polishing pad. Remove the sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner.
4. Finish the wood surface with a WOCA oil or soap.
Drying time: 6-12 hours at 20°
Cleaning of tools: use water
Storage: +10-25°C. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer. Shelf life 3 years.