WOCA Wood Lye – for all types of wood
For priming of all types of wood for indoor use.
About 8-10 m² with 1 l
With white or gray pigment 2.5 l – EUR 45.63
* The terms of the contract and the right of withdrawal can be found in the Documents section.
* This product is one of the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 255, 22nd article exceptions, where the customer cannot exercise the right of withdrawal.
Wood Lye is used for priming of unfinished or newly sanded interior woodwork i.e. floor, stairs, furniture and panels. The priming minimises the wood from yellowing and enhances the wood grain, creating a coloured wash effect, depending on the chosen colour. Wood Lye may be used on all types of wood.
- For a lighter finish
- Reduces yellowing process of the wood
- Requires subsequent treatment with oil, lacquer or soap
- Suitable for any type of wood
Color: white and grey
Density: 1.00-1.10 g/ml.
pH-value: pH 8-9
Application area: use for priming of unfinished and newly sanded interior wood. Ideal for all types of wood.
Surface preparation: the unfinished woodwork must be clean, dry and finely sanded (grit 100-120) before applying the lye.
! Always remember to test on a less visible spot to check the compatibility of the surface with the product.
1. Shake the container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket. It is important that no pigments are left in the container. Stir regularly during the application to prevent the pigments from settling to the bottom.
2. Apply an even coat of the lye with the WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller lengthwise along the grain. Apply at least 1 L of lye per 10 m2 of wood. Leave wood to dry for approx. 8-12 hours at 20°C.
3. De-nib standing fibres and remove excess pigments with a medium e.g. green or bordeaux, sanding polishing pad. Remove the sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner.
4. Finish the wood surface with a WOCA oil, lacquer or soap.
Drying time: 6-12 hours at 20°
Cleaning of tools: use water.
Storage: +10-25°C. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer. Shelf life 3 years.