Classic HardOil – hard wax oil for surfaces with very high load
Quick drying, natural, modified hard wax oil for impregnating wooden floors.
Depending on floor surface and working method:
• 1 coat applied by roller/brush: approx. 40-50 ml/m2
• 1 coat applied by trowel: approx. 30-50 ml/m2 on oak.
1 l – EUR 36,34
5 l – EUR 152,40
* The terms of the contract and the right of withdrawal can be found in the Documents section.
* This product is one of the regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 255, 22nd article exceptions, where the customer cannot exercise the right of withdrawal.
€36,34 – €152,40
Quick drying, natural, modified hard wax oil for impregnating parquet or other wood floors. Classic HardOIl is not prone to edge-bonding and is therefore an appropriate choice with floors where in-service shrinkage is expected (e.g. in-floor heating). Classic HardOil meets the requirements of the professional guidelines of DIN 51130 regarding non-slip safety/ glide resistance. There are test certificates for the classes R9, R10 and R11.
Note: keep soaked rags, pads and other working material in closed containers. Oil/wax in connection with sanding dust, cloth rags and the like must be moistened with water or deposited in a closed can or be disposed of in a safe way – danger of auto- ignition.
Optionally, Classic HardOIl can be used with Classic Plus Reaktivvergütung (reaction catalyst) as 2-component system.
If Classic HardOil is used to form a layer, only Brilliance Everclear can be used for maintenance.
After application of the material there can by a typical odour in the beginning. Do ventilate well.
– Classic HardOil is rolled with the BergerTool Schaumstoffrolle or Microfaserrolle or painted thin in 2 coats with the BergerTool Flächenstreicher. An intermediate sanding between the layers ensures maximum optics. The intermediate sanding is necessary after approx. 15-18 h to provide for faultless adhesion.
After a waiting time of 2-3 days and sufficient intermediate sanding can be painted over with a suitable water-based paint.
– Classic HardOIl is applied richly by trowel. In case of heavily absorbing floors apply the oil with the BergerTool Universal Spachtel crossways several times. After troweling the excess material is polished off with a disc polisher and the Berger AbraPrime Pad green. Ideally, the application and the polishing work should be done in pairs. No long waiting times between filling and polishing. In the possible case of oil sweating out of the joints, polish the floor a second time after about 1 h. After drying a second coat of Classic HardOIl can be applied, dependent on the wood’s saturation. This time considerably less oil will be needed.
By admixing 10:1 the catalyst Classic Plus, the drying inhibitions can be reduced; curing, resistances and block resistance will be improved. Do not prepare more material thanyoucanuseupin2htime.
The product is suitable for the after-treatment of standard parquet, pre-oiled with hard wax oils. Due to the variety and changes in the market, a liability test has always to be carried out.
Classic HardOIl must be mixed with Classic Plus always when a combination system with authorized water-borne finishes shall be done.
Clean the tools with Brilliance Cleaner L91 KH-Verdünnung.
If used on soft woods such as fir, spruce or pine, the wood may excrete resin which delays drying or negatively affects the look. The product Classic HardOil contains solvents that slightly dissolve wax residues in pores and joints. Primarily in case of old waxed floors this can cause considerable delays in drying, matt blotches and faulty adhesion (down to the oil fully losing adhesion with the floor). For this reason, in these cases the first coat applied should dry out completely, i.e. an intermediate drying period of 2 days is necessary.
Consumption: depending on floor surface and working method:
- 1 coat applied by roller/brush: approx. 40-50 ml/m2
- 1 coat applied by trowel: approx. 30-50 ml/m2 on oak.
Drying: Standard climate 23°C/50% rel. humidity: can be worked on after approx. 6-10 h depending on the working method and climatic conditions. If impregnation is done on floor areas on which previously other waxes were applied, considerable delays in drying may happen. In cases like these the second coat shall not be applied until sufficient time has passed. Never expose to wear, cover with carpets or apply care products until after 8-14 days.
Storage / transport: shelf life of original unopened packing min. 18 months provided that material is transported and stored at a cool and dry place.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated place at a temperature between 15 ° C and 25 ° C. Protect from heat and direct sunlight. Keep tightly closed.